How Do I Become A Homeowner
Could you be our next Habitat for Humanity Family Partner?
Our Habitat families must meet the following requirements:
- Be low income, as defined by HFHSC’s charitable registration with Canada Revenue Agency (HFHSC uses BC Housing’s Housing Income Limits [HILs] to define the upper limit income threshold);
- Have an annual sustainable family income;
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- Have resided on the Sunshine Coast for the last 6 months
- Have guardianship and primary care of at least one child (under the age of 10), or a child with a disability (under the age of 18) who could not legally live alone;
- A single parent family must provide written proof by way of a separation agreement or court order of each of the following:
- is divorced from or has been living separate and apart from his/her spouse/partner for the past 12 months;
- child and spousal support obligations have been determined; and
- division of family property and responsibility for family debt have been settled;
- Cannot be able to qualify for a conventional mortgage; and
- Cannot currently own or have an investment in a home or property.
The Board of Directors has the sole authority to approve applicant families for the Homeownership Program.
Sunshine Coast Income (All Sources)
|Family Size||Minimum Combined Income||Maximum Combined Income|
|Four or more||$42,000.00||$52,000.00|
Our Habitat family partners:
An applicant family to the Homeownership Program must exhibit a strong desire to partner with HFHSC, as demonstrated by:
- Taking the initiative to obtain an application and filling it out completely;
- Providing any requested documentation within the time frame set by HFHSC.
- Agreeing to reference and credit checks;
- Readily engaging in the home visit by the Family Selection Committee;
- Having the ability and desire to complete 500 hours of sweat equity within timelines
- Willing to live in a complex with families from a variety of ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds;
- Agreeing to act as 'ambassadors' of HFHSC, which includes providing a biography about their family to be shared with the public, speaking to the press, attending public events related to the build or a HFHSC activity, and agreeing to be photographed for HFHSC promotional purposes (unless there are issues of safety for any member of the family); and
- An understanding of and willingness to fulfill the expectations as set out in the Homeowner Partnership Agreement.
For more information please call 604-885-6737 or email email@example.com today!