Careers with Habitat For Humanity Sunshine Coast
Part-time bookkeeper and Financial Manager
Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast is a dynamic not-for-profit organization based in Sechelt that builds affordable housing to help qualifying families in their quest for safe, comfortable and stable housing that they might not be able to access through conventional means. Learn more about Habitat for Humanity at www.habitatsc.ca
We are seeking a part-time Bookkeeping and Financial Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for full-cycle bookkeeping (currently using Quickbooks Pro with a move to Sage 300 planned for the near future) as well as preparation of financial reports and analysis related to our operations which include:
- A retail furniture store;
- Construction of residential housing;
- Payroll and GST compliance;
- Fund accounting;
- Fundraising activities;
- Donation receipting and compliance with regulations for Charitable organizations;
The right candidate will have excellent technical skills and relevant experience in all or most of the applicable areas as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to take direction and be an effective team member.
Competitive compensation provided commensurate with the level of experience and expertise.
Application deadline is February 15, 2019.
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast Restore Sales Associate/Swamper
Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Do you have a flair for organizing, a passion for great customer service and an interest in reusing and recycling? Then our Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast Restore Sales Associate opportunity is for you!
Our ReStore sells new and gently-used furniture, renovation and household materials at great prices in a warehouse retail environment. The Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast ReStore proceeds support Habitat’s mission of bringing our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable home ownership.
- As sales associate, you are an energetic individual looking to make a difference. Working closely with staff and volunteers generating sales by working the retail floor and cash operations
- Process and merchandise donations for sale within a fast -paced environment where inventory is always different
- Capable of performing a physically demanding job where heavy lifting is continual
- As swamper, assist ReStore truck driver for the purpose of picking up donated items and delivery of purchased goods from ReStore
If you have outstanding customer service skills, a team player, flexible and willing to learn, then this is a great position for you!
Permanent part time position (20-30 hours/week). $16.00 per hour.